Student and Teacher of the Year
WVAGT would like to recognize the outstanding work and effort put forth by students and teachers. If you know a student or teacher who goes above and beyond, click on the button below to nominate them today. The winners of our Student of the Year and Teacher of the Year awards will be announced at our Annual Conference. The deadline to complete these forms is October 1, 2023.
Criteria for Student Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize a student in first through twelfth grade who has demonstrated exceptionalities in academics, leadership, or through the arts. Three winners will be named: one elementary grades 1-5, one middle grades 6-8, and one high school grades 9-12. The winners will also be recognized on our social media sites and given a $50 prize award. All gifted student nominees must:
- Attend a public or private school in West Virginia.
- Be in grades 1-12 for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Does not need to be formally identified as having an exceptionality through the school, county, or state, but application does need to clearly state how the student demonstrates their talents.
Criteria for Teacher Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize a teacher who demonstrates excellence in teaching. A teacher can nominate themselves or can be nominated by another person. The nominated teacher must:
- Be employed within a West Virginia’s public school.
- Have taught for two or more years.
- Be a member of West Virginia Association of Gifted and Talented (nominees may renew or join at time of nomination).
- Work directly with gifted students.