What is Giftedness?
The definition and criteria for gifted children to be identified and receive gifted education services is decided by each state. In West Virginia, eligible children in grades one through eight are served under an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
Links to Resources
State and National Links
- West Virginia Department of Education
- Governor’s Schools of West Virginia
- National Association for Gifted Children
- CEC/TAG Council for Exceptional Children/ The Association for the Gifted
- Gifted Development Center
- Hoagies’ Gifted Education
- Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted Children (SENG)
- West Virginia Future Problem Solving Program
- Prufrock Press Resources