Resources For Teachers
Articles Of Interest
- Where do I even start? A common cry. – In this article, Ian Byrd breaks down three places to begin differentiating for gifted kids.
- What teachers can do to support gifted/talented students in the classroom
- Gifted Challenges: Three essential tips for teachers of gifted children.
- Making the Case for a Gifted Program
- Giftedness Knows No Boundaries
- Growth Mindset – Carol Dweck Revisits the “Growth Mindset”
- The School Administrator – Featured articles in gifted education
- Differences Between High Achievers and Gifted Students
Links to Resources
- Artifact Box Exchange – learn more about city, state, region. Focuses on developing research and creativity skills
- Byrdseed – Resources in Gifted Education
- Izzit.com – Every school day, 2 current events at different reading levels
- Engine-Uity, Ltd.
- Google News Archive – a searchable database of newspapers from around the world, dating back to the 1700s
- MINDS – posters the classroom
- Newsela – news articles from major publications, Provides the same article at five different reading levels and includes a short quiz with the article.
- Socratic Seminar
- Stossel in the Classroom
- Smithsonian Institution
- Webquest.org – creating Webquests
- Prufrock Press Classroom Resources